The Registrar and Advisors assist students in their selection of courses.

Registration Information

Course Registration

Course registration is managed through the Office of the Registrar. It is the student’s responsibility to register for classes at the designated times. The individual student is responsible for satisfying the requirements of his/her selected program curriculum.

Registration Procedure

To register, students must follow these steps:
  1. Meet with an assigned Trinity College faculty Advisor.
  2. Complete appropriate cooperating institution paperwork with faculty advisor assistance.
  3. Complete registration within the designated timeframe (or a late registration fee will be assessed).

Academic Advising

Each student at Trinity College is assigned a faculty advisor. The advisor guides the student throughout the program and facilitates course selection, career development, and academic progress. Although periodic advising sessions are scheduled to review progression toward completion of the academic requirements, the final responsibility for completion of these requirements remains with the student.

Auditing a Course

Some courses at Trinity College may be audited with permission of the faculty. The faculty member and the student who is auditing the course determine the level of participation in classroom activities by mutual consent. Students who are auditing may not be subject to exams, reports, or projects. Arrangements for auditing must be completed with the related course faculty during the registration period. Students may register for a partial number of course hours as agreed to by course faculty. Audit enrollment receives no course credit and is not included in the student’s total course load for that semester for purposes of enrollment certification and financial aid. Transcripts will reflect the designation of “AU” for an audited course. Courses taken for audit can be repeated one time for credit. The per credit hour fee for audited courses is the same as the fee for courses taken for credit. Once enrolled, a student may not change class registration status from audit to credit or from credit to audit.

Course Cancellation

The College reserves the right to cancel any course. The College Registrar in conjunction with the course faculty will decide cancellation of courses; students will be notified of cancellations and assisted in identifying appropriate registration options.

Course Add/Drop

Students may add or drop a course(s) within the first week of a 16-week semester with no record on the academic transcript. However, after the 100% refund period of the term (7 calendar days), any drop from a course becomes part of the permanent academic record and is recorded as a WP (withdrawal passing) or WF (withdrawal failing) (see Academic Warning).

Course Withdrawal

Students may withdraw from a course through the 15th week of a 16-week semester with a WP or WF. The WF is treated as an F in terms of the repeat course policy; however the F is not counted in the student’s GPA.

Degree Verification

Trinity College of Nursing & Health Sciences has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications.
The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted at:
Mail: National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171

Frequently Asked Questions

How and when do students get grade reports?
Trinity College of Nursing & Health Sciences students view their academic record on My Pulse. Course information and grades are added at the end of each academic term.

Can parents view students’ grades?
At this time parents cannot view a student’s grades. Students can print off their grade report and provide a copy to any party as necessary.

Why is the student’s permission required for release of academic information?
The College is bound by the federal regulations of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). The College is not permitted to release information pertaining to a student’s academic record without the express written permission of the student. Occasionally this conflicts with what parents feel are their rights. Parents can have access to their student’s educational records (grades) when students authorize release of their records by completing a written statement to the College Registrar.

Can parents talk to academic advisors about their students’ progress or problems?
If you have questions, please call. However, advisors cannot talk about students’ records unless they have given the Student Services Office written permission to share this information. Advisors can talk about how they assist students, College policies and procedures, and what resources are available.

Who do I call if I want more information?
Please contact the Office of the Registrar, 2122 25th Ave, Rock Island IL 61201, or at (309) 779-7700.

How can I obtain verification of enrollment at the College for insurance purposes?
Verification letters are produced through the Office of the Registrar.

How can a student in class be contacted during an emergency situation?
Contact the office of Student Services (309) 779-7700.

Where can I get information about commencement?
Information about commencement will appear on our website six weeks prior to scheduled commencement exercises, which are held in May and August.