Trinity College

Continuing Education

The College maintains cooperative agreements to provide the general education courses for Trinity's health care programs. These agreements enable a student to enroll in general education coursework at Black Hawk College or Eastern Iowa Community College. Registration and billing of all coursework is completed at Trinity College.

Continuing Education Policy

Students who wish to enroll in courses at the College without entering a degree/certificate program must have the permission of the course faculty and/or Dean. In addition, they must submit to the Student Services Department:

  • Proof of appropriate licensure (if required)
  • Proof of course prerequisites (if any)
  • Admission Application form and fee
  • Applicable tuition and fees
  • Health documents (if applicable)

Continuing education students who decide to pursue a degree at Trinity College may petition the Dean (in writing) to request that coursework taken under continuing education status be accepted in meeting requirements for a degree. A course grade of "C" or better (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) must be obtained for the course to be accepted toward a degree. There is no guarantee that coursework taken as continuing education will be counted toward a degree program.