Bachelor of Science in Nursing
BSN Program Options
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program prepares men and women from culturally and ethnically diverse communities for a career as professional nurses. Graduates function as providers, managers, and leaders of direct and indirect comprehensive care in a variety of health care settings. BSN graduates demonstrate the knowledge, proficiency and cultural competence of an educated person including the ability to synthesize general and professional education.
The goals of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Program are organized according to the College domains of learning: knowledge, proficiency, and culture care values. All goals begin with knowledge attained from the nursing and general education courses. Knowledge, proficiency, and culture care values are integrated and dynamic. The following model shows the relationship among the three domains:
- Synthesize knowledge from the natural and social sciences,
humanities and nursing to provide and evaluate holistic nursing
- Integrate the nursing process to assist families, groups, and
communities with a variety of complex and critical health needs
- Analyze the impact of past, current, and future trends and issues
on the delivery of nursing care and health care organizations and
- Incorporate evidence-based practice for delivering and
evaluating nursing practice and outcomes.
- Collaborate as a member of the interdisciplinary health care
team to manage comprehensive care for individuals, families,
groups and communities.
- Communicate professionally using interpersonal, oral and
- Evaluate health promotion, risk reduction, and disease
prevention modalities for use in a variety of settings.
Culture Care Values
- Integrate cultural care values (preservation, accommodation,
restructuring) when providing nursing care to individuals,
families, groups and communities.
- Evaluate nursing within the framework of regulatory and
professional standards, values and codes.
- Integrate information technology into professional nursing