General education courses can be taken through our corroborative agreement with Portage Learning (POR). Registering for general education courses through Trinity College will allow you to use Financial Aid funds to cover the cost of these courses and provide you with one tuition payment rather than two. Registering for general education courses through Trinity College will allow these courses to be included in your Trinity College cumulative GPA, rather than as transfer credit.
Use the course cluster guide to determine which courses can be taken at Eastern Iowa Community Colleges: General Education Course Options.
Why Choose Portage Learning?
Enrollment with Portage Learning is both unique and very accessible with no application process. Course dates coincide with the Trinity College semester schedule. However, within the semester you can complete the course as slow or as fast as you want. All courses taken through Portage are offered online.
To register to take a general education course through Portage Learning follow the steps below:
- Review your curriculum plan in the Trinity College Catalog to determine course(s) needed for registration.
- Contact your Trinity College faculty advisor prior to registration to confirm course selection is appropriate.
- Complete the Add/Drop Form: General Education Courses and complete the FERPA Release of Information Form and submit both forms to your Trinity College faculty advisor for required signature.
- The Trinity College registrar will send you an email outlining the necessary steps you need to take to enroll in the course.
- All necessary course work will be completed online through the Portage Learning Student Portal.
- At the end of the term the Trinity College registrar will enter your grade into the Trinity College student portal. You will not need to request a transcript from Portage Learning.
No textbooks are required for courses taken through Portage Learning. All reading material is incorporated within the modules/lectures.
If you need to withdraw or drop a general education course taken through Portage Learning you first need to contact your Trinity College faculty advisor to complete all necessary paperwork.
Course dates and refund schedule coincide with the Trinity College semester schedule. For more information click here