COVID-19 College Updates
13 March 2020
The status of COVID-19, (novel (new) coronavirus) has evolved over the past several weeks. The virus has spread both globally and within the United States. Please understand this is a very fluid situation with changes daily and sometimes hourly. Because of this changing situation, it is imperative that students check their Trinity College email account frequently.
- Classes and clinicals will be cancelled for all students on Monday 16 March 2020 and Tuesday 17 March 2020.
- If you have recently travelled to a region outside of the United States that is defined by the CDC as a “high risk” region you will be required to self-quarantine for a two-week period.
- Students will complete scheduled clinical assignments. However, students will not be allowed to care for patients placed in isolation due to COVID-19. The only isolation patients to which students will be allowed to provide direct patient are those in contact isolation. This measure is being implemented to conserve personal protective equipment.
- At this time, face-to-face courses will be held as scheduled beginning 18 March 2020. The College is prepared to move to an online platform for face-to-face course delivery should this measure be warranted.
- Do not come to the College if you are sick. Students with a fever or cough should remain at home and contact their course faculty in compliance with defined course policies.
- If you believe you are exhibiting the symptoms of COVID-19/the coronavirus, contact your primary care provider by phone for guidance. If you do not have a primary care provider, contact Moline Express Care at 309/779-7050 or Bettendorf Express Care at 563/742-4350.
- The College will be suspending all non-essential College-related travel until further notice.
Please remember to wash your hands frequently and remain at home if you are ill. Because COVID-19 is an evolving public health situation, it is important that students check their Trinity College email frequently. This is how updates will be provided to students, faculty, and staff.