COVID-19 College Updates
14 March 2020
National and community efforts to address the spread of COVID-19 have moved to flattening the trajectory of disease and taking measures to reduce the spread of this virus. The College's decisions regarding the COVID-19 outbreak will always place student, faculty, staff, patient, and community safety first.
I want to communicate the College's plans as of 14 March 2020. Please note, because of the rapidly changing COVID-19 environment, it is imperative that you check your Trinity College email frequently to ensure you are staying current with Trinity College COVID-19 updates.
Here is the current Trinity College plan as of 14 March 2020:
- As noted yesterday, all College classes, clinical and face-to-face, are cancelled on 16 March 2020 and 17 March 2020.
- Effective 18 March 2020 (when classes resume) all face-to-face courses will be moved to online delivery. For now, this will remain in place through 3 April 2020. Your course faculty will be in touch with you to provide specifics related to this transition.
- Effective 14 March 2020 the decision has been made to cancel all clinical rotations through 22 March 2020. This pause in clinical activity will allow us time to assess the evolving situation and make plans to address the delivery of this critical part of the curriculum for each of our programs.
- If you do not have access to a computer or an Internet connection contact Lori Graham at 309/779-7732 to make arrangements to use the College's computer lab. The College will maintain very low traffic flow through 3 April 2020; therefore I am asking that you contact Lori Graham to ensure the computer lab is not over-crowded in opposition to the intent of social distancing.
- Please remain vigilant to the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and take appropriate action if necessary. Wash your hands frequently and follow the recommendations of social distancing. Contact your primary care provider if you believe you are exhibiting signs of COVID-19 (see 13 March 2020 communication if you do not have a primary care provider in our area).
Please know, the health and safety of our Trinity College community is of utmost importance to the faculty, staff, and administration of our College. We will continue to work to ensure your curriculum is delivered in manner that meets established requirements and considers the welfare of our students. You are likely tired of me saying this, but here it is again, it is imperative that you check your Trinity College email frequently to ensure you are staying current with Trinity College COVID-19 updates.
Thank you for your attention to this and future updates. Today is a great day to stay home and enjoy the beautiful snow!