COVID-19 College Updates
19 March 2020
Trinity College Students:
I want to communicate the College's updated plans as of 19 March 2020. Please note, because of the rapidly changing COVID-19 environment, it is imperative that you check your Trinity College email frequently to ensure you are staying current with Trinity College COVID-19 updates.
- All face-to-face advising will be suspended effective 19 March 2020 and academic advisors will hold advising meetings via phone or email. Students should continue to register for summer and fall courses as directed by your academic advisor.
- All extended Library hours are canceled effective 19 March 2020.
- The Library can be accessed using the Medical Office Building #2 entrance. If accessing MOB #2 you will be required to present your Trinity College name badge.
- Peer mentoring and study group sessions are on hold for now because these are often gatherings larger than 10 students.
- If you need to use the College Computer lab, you will be required to schedule computer lab use with Lori Graham. If you would like to use the College for small group study space or for individual study space, please reserve this space with Lori Graham. She can be reached at 309/779-7732. The norms of small group size (≤ 10), social distancing, and handwashing should be followed. We will also monitor the number of groups and students in the College at any given time.
- The front doors of the College will remain locked during the day. Students will be required to use their badge to access the building.
- There are several large group gatherings that are on the horizon. We will be mindful of these events and cancel them in adequate time, should this need to occur. This includes 20 May 2020 graduation. At this time, no determination has been made on graduation.
I will continue to provide updates as necessary. Please check your Trinity College email frequently to ensure you are staying current with Trinity College COVID-19 updates.
Tracy L. Poelvoorde, PhD, RN