Program Mission Statement
Consistent with the mission of Trinity College, the faculty of the Radiography program is dedicated to providing quality, structured learning experiences to educate entry-level radiographers, to meet the needs of the ever-changing, diverse and multi-cultural health care community The Program strives to develop within all students the professional qualities of integrity, compassion and community-mindedness.
All enrolled students have the ability and desire to learn and deserve equal educational opportunities and treatment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, disability and national origin.
- A quality curriculum provides measurable outcomes and learning activities that promote the synthesis of theory, use of current technology, competent clinical practice and professional values.
- All enrolled students have the ability and desire to learn and deserve equal educational opportunities and treatment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, disability and national origin.
- Learning occurs best when students are active participants in structured, guided clinical and didactic experiences utilizing active learning and adult teaching techniques. The curriculum incorporates communication, humanities, social, mathematics, and biologic sciences to support and enhance radiography education and practice.
- The student's desire to learn is supported by a safe and progressive learning environment rich in experiences that address intellectual, creative, emotional, and physical needs.
- An education should promote the recognition, sensitivity, and appreciation of the diverse culture that is inherent throughout the global health care community.
- The graduate earns the opportunity to seek certification and licensure as a registered radiographer, to offer a significant contribution in the health care community and to enhance avenues for lifelong learning.
Goal 1: Practice As Competent Entry-Level Radiographers.
Outcome: produce quality diagnostic radiographic images.
Outcome: apply appropriate patient care techniques
Outcome: practice proper radiation safety
Goal 2: Communicate Effectively.
Outcome: demonstrate effective communication skills in the clinical setting
Outcome: write a professional paper
Outcome: present a professional oral report
Problem Solving/Critical Thinking
Goal 3: Think Reflectively And Problem Solve.
Outcome: respond appropriately to non-routine situations
Outcome: critique radiographic images
Professional Development & Growth
Goal 4: Practice Professionalism
Outcome: apply culturally congruent patient care to apply the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion
Outcome: demonstrate professional behavior